Wednesday, November 02, 2016

Continuing Onward, a LS 502 Post

The more I think about it, the more I believe that I should use a descriptive methodology with a purposive sampling (instead of convenience sampling as stated before). Since I'm focusing on wanting to interview people who have a specialized area of focus. Which brings me to my newest pain in the neck - the sample size. Because I am using a 'general populace' for my sample and just basing it on a characteristic, so to speak, I have no idea how to quantify that in any way. I'm thinking about thirty just have a large enough sample without it being too overwhelming, and to get enough perspectives.

One tiny little frustration is when I'm getting my grades back. I DO UNDERSTAND that things happen in life that throws everything sideways!!!!! (Professor - I really do hope you are feeling better!!) But on my end when the assignments build off of each other and I don't know if I've made a grievous error in the previous assignment, I'm building off of that mistake. At this point I'm just hoping that if there is an error that it's a minor one.

Here's hoping and praying!!!
I can do it!

No comments: