Thursday, October 13, 2016

Here We Go Again, a LS 502 post

Due to my grievous error, I am now scrambling around looking for articles for my literature review. I am avoiding case study articles because they seem too much like 'what we do good' for than actual research. Unfortunately that seemed to be the primary results of my searches.

So after a few rounds of banging my head against the desk I had an idea. I've decided to shift my focus unto a more broader topic - digital preservation. My thought process is this: oral history is mostly recordings (audio, video), and there isn't enough space for storing tapes upon tapes So, eventually, they are going to be converted into a digital format, which allows me to look at digital preservation then narrow it down to oral histories.

I am fortunate that at least one of the articles (Analog, The Sequel by Conrad) is an analysis and an interview, so it gives me something to start with.

I refuse to say that everything else I've read was a waste of time. It did give me the proper mindset to understand what I am attempting to study. So Ha!

With lunch ending soon I must be off! TTFN!

No comments: