Monday, September 05, 2016

Irksome Problem, a LS 502 post

In my pursuing of the wondrous realm of JSTOR I am finding interesting articles in regards to oral history in archives. I've enjoyed reading them, but I have one small issue:

Not many deal with changing technology or the procedure to deal with it. Just mostly suggestions of updating every two to five years.

OK, so maybe not a small issue. But let us not view this as a issue but a challenge to make me think. Yeah - I'll go with that. So I will have to look at procedures that some archives have published dealing with adapting the archive collection to technology and the technology most likely used by the users, and see if that will not lead itself to an update procedure. I'm also going to see if anyone has published any books on the subject.

Ready, set, . . .  RESEARCH!!!



No comments: