Friday, June 10, 2011

Where Art Thou, O Muse?


I find my self in the most disheartening of situations an artist can find herself in - lack of inspiration.  In terms of my creative side I have several projects going on at once.  This is because sometimes if one thing does not strike my fancy to do I go on to another project, do a little here, a little there - that sort of thing.  But for the past month nothing, absolutely nothing. My Muse has been deathly silent, or lost and confused.

Death and despair, I cry into the wind!!!Not even day dreaming!!!! And that's just sad. :(  

I hope in the next few days my Muse will find a voice and hit me with something fantastic!  Especially now since Doctor Who is over til the fall.  Curse you Steven Moffat for ending with a cliff hanger! Maybe when Psych come back I will think of something.

The several projects I have going on are my jewelry, my writing, and my drawing.  For my jewelry I have been trying to put together my own website so I don't have to depend on etsy or ebay to do any transactions. The program is simply enough but when I sat down to do it - nothing zlich zip nada. I could not figure out how I wanted to design the website to display my jewelry properly.  I also have not been inspired to created any new wearable art.

My writing has been the worst victim.  I haven't written anything of significance since last summer ended.  I go back to my notes and tweak here and there with characterizations, but plot has not been dealt with. I have a vague understanding of how it will all play out so I just need to bit the proverbial bullet as it were, sit down and write.

Drawing -- I feel like I have to start all over again when it comes to drawing.  I have not picked up a pencil to do anything other than to scribble notes and a scrap of paper for work. I heave a heavy sigh for my art.  I cannot even remember the last time I drew a picture of any sort.

So if any of you see a mute Muse or a confused Muse it's mine and could you please be so kind as to send the Muse in my direction.  The reward: my eternal gratitude!  :)

No comments: