Saturday, September 03, 2016

Ponders and Wonders, a LS 502 post

The mind ponders and wonders

A few brainstorming ideas I have in regards to preserving oral history (or any archive object in general):
Is there a procedure on what to do when the technology the data is stored on changes?
Is there a standard to follow with changing technology?

This area is where my mind is keeps wondering towards, so I think this will be my research focus for this class.

Most of the stuff I'm finding deals with updating archives in dealing with technology like scanners and cameras. But nothing really on what to do when that computer you have in the back archives is not compatible with the scanner or printer right next to it.

Random articles to ponder over:
Taking a Byte Out of the Archives: Making Technology Work for You
Preserving Oral History Recordings (from down under)

I think I'm still breathing calmly . . . I think.

No comments: