Saturday, September 10, 2016

Other Fields, a LS 502 Post

As per suggestion of my professor, I am looking at other fields (a.k.a. not Library Science) to see they handle keeping up with technological changes. I will most likely take a glance at other research heavy fields, maybe medical science (since that's an area that really cannot avoid tech. changes), or history (since they benefit from tech. advances). I don't know, really - I'm getting really deep into the unknown here and I think I need something more than little yellow floaties to stay above water.

Other reflection - there is something about the storyteller that cannot be replaced by anything else. In their stories they give us a peek from within their world and we gain a better understanding of their point of view. Story Corps is a wonderful modern day example of storytellers. Check them out!

No comments: