Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Reaction to My Upcoming Last Semester

St Gemma Galgani, ora pro me
I have reached the final semester for graduate school and I approach it with mixed emotions. Relief that it is almost done, wonder at what will happen next, excited, to name a few. But I am struck with a strange sense of . . . quite honestly I don't know. It's a weird sensation in the pit of my gut that gnawing at my subconscious pushing me towards melancholy.

Tonight was the first night for one of my classes. Something was said that left me hollow and uneasy. I know in my line of occupation that there are not many who have similar beliefs or opinions as me. (Life in general feels like that) But I knew that before I hit 'submit' on my application to school. I am not saying I regret going and getting my Masters in this field - I am very glad I have. But I was face tonight with an unexpected reminder to be mortuum mundo and alive to what is good and just.

Maybe this all means that I will need a lot of prayers this up coming semester.

No comments: