Tuesday, October 04, 2016

Process of Collecting Data, a LS 502 post

So my internet cut out on me towards the end of class and by the time it came back up class was over. Fear not - I have been caught up by my wonderful classmates about what I missed and I await eagerly for the recording.

With learning about survey fatigue, I wondered how I would set up a survey for my research on protecting oral histories. I probably would not ask too many demographic questions, maybe ask how many years working with archives. Also tally frequency of updates, computer operating system, computer program, method of recording. But I think this research lends itself more for the interview format, talking one on one with archivists and anyone else who handles oral histories.

I'm wondering if there is any way for bias to creep into my mindset with this, but I honestly can't think how one could be bias with procedures. Well, besides the 'my methods' are better than yours' mindset. I shall ponder away at this.

No comments: