Thursday, February 11, 2016

IT Fluency Thus Far

<a href= www.thecatholicgeeks.com target=_blank >Catholic Geeks</a>

Gasp! Wait! What did I just type? What is this strange string of letters and symbols? What does it all mean?

Let us all take a moment to take a deep breath - all together now, breathe in and breathe out.

So what you see typed up above is HTML tagging for creating a link to an external website opening it in a new window. What amazes me is that I actually understand what I just said. When my Information Technology class started I knew zero about HTML tagging so color me impressed with myself. Now at this point in the class I understand the basic tags for formatting titles, font styles and size, lists, and even putting in links to other website.

Call me Toto because I have dared to look at the man behind the curtain as the big flaming head of website design is telling me to pay no heed. I will fully admit that I am a little proud of myself for being able to construct a simple website (which is still under development at the time of writing).

As GK Chesterton once stated "There are no rules of architecture for a castle in the clouds." Armed these new lessons I'm excited to see where everything goes next.

To end this post I leave you with a picture of me with my spirit animal, Perry the Platypus.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Livie,

Great Toto analogy! I, too, love watching the magic happen, but I am so annoyed when I cannot figure out how to do something I can imagine but do not have the technical chops to pull off. AARGH!

Can't wait to see your webpage/site. Now I am off to check out what you have on Etsy! :)

Katie U.